Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (HIPAA) Compliance
The Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulation impacts those in healthcare that exchange patient information electronically. HIPAA regulations were established to protect the integrity and security of health information, including protecting against unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
HIPAA states that a security management process must exist in order to protect against "attempted or successful unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification, or interference with system operations". In other words being able to monitor, report and alert on attempted or successful access to systems and applications that contain sensitive patient information.
Did you Know?
- Data breaches cost the healthcare industry $6 billion per year
- Data breaches cost healthcare organizations an average of $1 million per year
- Lack of staff and preparation (policies and processes) are blamed for most data breaches
- A HIPAA Gap Assessment should be performed annually
- Skilled Staff that are accurate, experienced, and responsive to your needs.
- A Partner In Compliance as Risk Analysis and HIPAA compliance is not a single event.
- Solid Track Record over 90% of customers return for security assessments the following year.
- Results driven with a unique blend of compliance, security, and workflow experience compliance validation.
- Complete and Thorough HIPAA Audit Solution that eliminates lost efficiencies, missed deadlines and overlooked vulnerabilities.
- Targeted risk analysis process, Gap analysis, penetration tests, and other tools designed to work together to provide a fluid and accurate solution to HIPAA compliance.
- Meaningful Use Attestation.
- HIPAA compliance and Meaningful Use objective.
- Ensure Your Organization Improves Security And Reduce Costs
- Improve PHI security